Testing the waters by doing: “A Feasibility Study, Starting with our villages”. This is Phase 1.
For the Phase 1 Feasibility Study (Outline),
Gandhi Jayanthi 2021 Commemorative Project eH2o SAHAYAM-Phase 1.
‘The soul of India lives in her villages-the future of India lies in her villages.’ Mahatma Gandhi
Marshall McHuhan would paraphrase Mahatma Gandhi. “The soul of humans lives in ‘Global Village’ -the future of humans lies in ‘Global Village’.
The Tech Savvy Teenage High School Girls and their mothers, in the nearby High School of a cluster of villages will digitally enter details in the digital FFS with the assistance and input of 3As i.e. Asha Workers, Anganwadi Workers and Auxiliary Nurse Midwives that are currently serving in the cluster of villages from where our teenage high school girls attend the high school. Everyone will have a smartphone/iPad for this.
- Integrate the data of digital Family Folder System(FFS) with the just announced (Oct 3, 2021) Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM) to develop the backbone necessary to support the integrated digital health infrastructure of the villages
- Bridge the existing gap amongst different stakeholders of the healthcare ecosystem of the villages through digital highways. The PAS aims to facilitate this process and to do this we test the waters by doing the below described ‘Feasibility study’ in the villages in the different states of India.
The Primary Tool: The digitized Family Folder System (FFS).
The Primary Players: Teenage Girls in the High Schools and their mothers, that draw students from the cluster of villages; supervised by their teachers; along with the 3 As :Asha Worker, Angandwadi Worker(AW) and Auxiliary Nurse Midwife (ANM) in these Villages, all having mobile phones/iPad with relevant apps downloaded.
The Primary Goals: 1.To develop the backbone necessary to support the integrated digital health infrastructure of the villages 2. Bridge the existing gap amongst different stakeholders of the healthcare ecosystem of the villages through digital highways.
The Secondary Goals:
- Early Detection of Diabetes Mellitus, Hypertension and Chronic Kidney Diseases(CKD) in the Rural population in India. Using the newly introduced Rametrix Technology.
- Suggested length of study: For a 6 month period:
Outcome Indicators: (Taken from the Asha Workers info of the GoI)
(a) % of newborn who were weighed and families counseled; (b) % of children with diarrhoea who received ORS, (c) % of deliveries with skilled assistance; (d) % of institutional deliveries, (e) % of JSY claims made to ASHA, (f) % completely immunized in 12-23 months age group. (g) % of unmet need for spacing contraception among BPL; (h) % of fever cases who received chloroquine within first week in an malaria endemic area;
(a) IMR; (b) Child malnutrition rates; (c) Number of cases of TB/leprosy cases detected as compared to previous year.
The Digitised Family Folder System(FFS) will have the data of every family in the study villages and will gather the demographic data etc in the digital form in the mobile phones or ipad. . .
Every High School Girl student will enter the data along with the concerned 3As, i.e. Asha Worker, Anganvadi Worker and Auxiliary Nurse Midwives, using the mobile phone/ipad
This data will be saved and processed by Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission (ABDM). This could be the foundation of Electronic Hybrid Health online( eH2o), that can be linked will be linked to Aaddhaar of every person in India, keeping the HIPPA in mind.
The suggested e-data will include:
- Family members, their names, ages and addresses etc. None exempted as children and childhood obesity is catching up
- Height and Weight and BMI. using an advanced digital scale which also gives approximate body fat, body muscle, Skeletal calcium etc.
- Waist Measurement for Obesity (Addressing the increasing and vexing problem of India with its dubious title as the Diabetic Capital of the World)
- Accurate and precise readings of BP, a minimum of two measurements of BP using the auscultatory method were made at intervals of at least 5 min and the mean of both readings was used to represent the patient’s BP. In cases, where the two readings differed by over 10 mmHg, a third reading was obtained, and the three measurements were averaged. (WHO; Geneva: 1996. Hypertension Control. WHO Expert Committee. Tech. Rep. Ser. 862.)
- Patient Health Questionnaire-9 Study. (PHQ-9) Simple 9 questions in the vernacular asked and answered in less than 5 minutes to assess the Post Covid-19 Mental Health.
PHQ9 Copyright © Pfizer Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduced with permission. PRIME-MD ® is a trademark of Pfizer Inc. For Mental Health evaluation. To address the increasing post Covid-19 mental. Address Mental Health issues raised by Lancet publication, Holmes and colleagues are being addressed, such as how best to deliver mental health services for vulnerable groups, outreach methods to support those at risk of domestic abuse, how media consumption about COVID-19 influences mental health, and how to promote adherence to behavioural advice about COVID-19 while enabling mental wellbeing and minimising distress. https://www.
thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/ article/PIIS2215-0366(21) 00005-5/fulltext
- Single Breath Counting (SBC) based on Kabaddi, which originated in Tamil Nadu Villages as Kai Piddi. ( cnn4all)
- Single Breath Counting Fitness Assessment Chair Test. SBC-FACT developed with the input of National Institute of Nutrition (NIN) in Hyderabad. (cnn4all)
- Urine sample collection for Rametrix Analysis.
- From the free mobile app ‘Health’, weekly data on number of daily steps, flights climbed, resting heart rate, Heart rate variability (HRV) and so on.
- Free mobile app ‘Rhemercise Plus’ by cnn4all, a novel mindfulness technique addressing the Mental Health issues raised by PHQ-9 Data. See https://www.researchgate.
net/publication/354666201_ Therapeutic_Efficacy_of_ Rhemercise_A_Novel_ Mindfulness_Technique_in_ Patients_With_Opioid_Use_ Disorder
Budget: This Project will be financed by the Public and Private Corporations and will come under the umbrellas of Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Finance will be sought from the following top PLCs and IT companies:
Top 10 Public Limited Companies in India. 1.Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. ( BHEL); 2 Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL); 3. Coal India Ltd.; 4 Hindustan Corporation Petroleum Ltd.; 5 Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.; 6. TPC Ltd.; 7. Oil and Natural gas Corporation Ltd. ( ONGC); 8. Punjab National Bank. 9. State Bank of India.; 9. Steel Authority of India Ltd.
List of Top IT Companies in India 1. Tata Consultancy service. – Largest IT company in India; 2. Infosys, 3. HCL Technologies; 4. Wipro Limited, 5. Redington India Ltd; 6. Tech Mahindra Ltd; 7. Larsen & Toubro Infotech Ltd; 8. Mphasis Ltd; 9. Mindtree Ltd. 10. Hexaware Technologies Ltd.